Are you a people person who is driven to over-achieve on targets?
Can you proactively develop your own pipeline of new business whilst building strong client relationships?
Our client is one of the most forward-thinking logistics companies offering genuine opportunities for progression and continuous investment in staff development, technology and business expansion. We're an internationally recognised, multi-award winning logistics company combining the best-in-class technology and people to drive independent freight management and supply chain solutions that simplify international trade and continue to add value to their clients.
We're looking for someone ambitious who is ready to coordinate the promote and expand the company’s commercial engagement.
- Your goal is to promote and expand the company’s commercial engagement with new prospects that will generate revenues and lead to sustainable growth.
- Develop your own pipeline of new business by actively seeking out new sales opportunities through cold prospecting and networking.
- To add value to our growth activities by identifying new commercial opportunities and managing overall efforts. You will keep abreast of trends and market conditions to provide strategic support to the leadership team.
- Play a key role in new business pitches and hold responsibility for the effective on-boarding of new clients.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Growing and retaining your own portfolio of new commercial clients
- Actively seeking out new sales opportunities in order to build sales pipeline to ensure a constant stream of new prospects.
- Scheduling and attending meetings with prospective clients.
- Maintaining a highly consultative approach by selling supply chain solutions to prospective clients
- Introducing and promoting their freight technology solutions including conducting live demos to clients.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis, ensuring we are consistently meeting or exceeding them.
- Ensuring the CRM system is being used effectively to track, monitor, and report and plan strategically new exciting business opportunities.
- Play a key role in new business pitches and hold responsibility for the effective on-boarding of new clients
- Understand the value drivers of the business and identifying profitable commercial opportunities to grow revenue and market share.
- Maintaining the revenue and gross profit of each account ensuring they remain profitable, proactively exhausting all additional revenue streams opportunities.
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for management team.
- Working closely with the Marketing team to generate and nurture a pipeline of qualified sales leads
- Represent the company externally e.g. at networking events, conferences and exhibitions to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile and optimise all business development opportunities.
- Interpreting market trends and adapting to industry changes in accordance with Leadership Team policy.
Experience & qualities required:
- Will be working in very fast paced environment so you must be experienced in dealing with pressure and be highly organised with an ability to multi-task and manage own time.
- Quick learner with the ability to prioritise workload, meet tight deadlines, maintain focus.
- Ability to conduct detailed procedures with high level of accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications with the ability to deliver best in class customer service.
- Critical thinker with strong planning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Positive attitude with flexible approach to working practices and adapt to a variety of challenges.
- Ensure customer requirements and quality of service are met through excellent communication and management of Key Performance Indicators.
This is a permanent role. It will be based at their office in London with the opportunity for flexibility with our hybrid working model.
What you can expect:
Employees are the heart of the business and they have a range of benefits to reflect their commitment to their employees, including:
- 28 days paid holiday entitlement in year one, including bank holidays
- Accrue annual leave days for each year completed
- Competitive remuneration package
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Award-winning learning and development program
- Generous pension scheme
- Staff loyalty schemes
- Private Health - providing optical and dental care
- Mentoring scheme
- Fun and collaborative events hosted by the social committee
- An internationally diverse, social and dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy
- Innovative and agile working environment where opinions and fresh ideas are valued and encouraged
- Flexible working, including parent friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home policies
Easily apply here on LinkedIn